Residential Real Estate Law
Let us work for you and your home
You need Danube Law
for Residential Real Estate work if you are…
Selling a Home
Refinancing Your Mortgage
Buying a Home
Transferring Your Title
Long Term Sale Agreements
What can we provide you in Residential Real Estate?
If you are a realtor, have a home to be sold, or are ready to buy a home, Danube Law is here to help you. We give each person involved in the process direct contact with the lawyer, as we want you to have every opportunity to discuss documents and ask any questions. Good communication with the realtor is a vital part of the home purchasing process, and we want everything to run as smoothly as possible. We at Danube Law are here to help with:
- Peace of mind through to the closing on the home
- Clear communication from our lawyer with the realtor, mortgage broker, and the client
- Easy to understand explanations of the documents you will be signing
- Documents to make you feel safe and secure in your home sale or purchase
- Among other minor disbursements, a typical Purchase of a home with mortgage will require registrations at the Land Titles Office, these are not included in our fee.
- As of January 1, 2020 the registration fees at Land Titles Office are as follows:
Transfer of Land: $50 + $2 for every $5000 of the value
Mortgage: $50 + $1.50 for every $5000 of the principal amount
- However, unlike a sale, you are not responsible for obtaining Real Property Report, Estoppel Certificate etc., these are seller’s responsibility.
- Among other minor disbursements, a typical sale of a home with mortgage requires no registrations at the Land Titles Office other than registration of discharge of your mortgage(s).
- As of January 1, 2020, registration at the Land Titles Office of a Discharge of mortgage is $10.00 per title.
- However, you may require a new Real Property Report, Estoppel Certificate, etc. These are not included in our fee.
- Refinancing requires a payment of your old mortgage and any other debts required by the lender with proceeds of the new mortgage and then registration of the new mortgage.